Hot water in your home 365 days a year
80 percent of solar energy systems are used for heating domestic water – all year long for showering, bathing and washing.
Solar energy can provide more than half of your home’s annual hot water, in an environmentally friendly and cost-effective way. And in 10 years, the price will be the same as it is today, no matter what happens to the price of fossil fuels.
- The simple, fully developed technology ensures an efficient solar energy system.
- Solar collectors are relatively small. For example, a family of four will typically need a VELUX collector of 4 to 5 m² for its energy needs.
- A solar energy system can be used all year round.
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions are reduced, which benefits the environment. A 5 m² solar energy system delivers double benefits year after year. It saves you approximately 2,600 kWh of energy, while also sparing the atmosphere from CO2 emissions
Additional heating support in spring and autumn
Solar energy systems are used for home heating mainly in the transitional months of spring and autumn. Up to 20 percent of the energy you need for heating can be provided by a solar energy system.
- Use your traditional heating system less, helping it last longer.
- Lower heating costs.
- Reduce CO2 emissions.
- The money you save by using a solar energy system can be applied to other energy-saving schemes.