The mercury is rising and the humidity is making it feel even hotter.
Central air conditioning could be too expensive to consider, so why not get a window unit to cool things down.
Once you go through the following steps on purchasing your unit, you’ll be on your way to a cool nights sleep!
1. First measure the height and width of window that you will be putting the air conditioner in.
2. Measure the length and width of the room and multiply the two sums for the square footage. An air conditioner’s strength is measured in BTU’s (British Thermal Units) . The higher the BTU’s are, the more powerful the unit the larger the space that it will be able to cool. With the square footage it will let you know how many BTU’s you will need.
3. Shop around and find the best air conditioner for your needs, making sure that the measurements for the new air conditioner do not exceed the measurements of the window. All units are not the same size, so this is very important.
4. Choose one that is energy star rated to save energy on powering the unit.
5. Read the directions to install and before you know it you’ll be able to sit in comfort.