Home sprinkler system helps snuff out fire

QR77 Newsroom
9/24/2011

The Calgary Fire Department says a sprinkler system likely saved a home from serious fire and smoke damage after a blaze broke out Saturday.  At about 2:30 pm crews were called to the 200 block of 2nd Avenue Northeast.  The fire was found in the kitchen and quickly put out.  Fire officials say the ten year old home was protected by a (residential) sprinkler system installed when the home was built, and it’s credited with keeping the fire in check until the fire department arrived.  No word yet on the cause of the fire
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s