Holiday Safety Tips

illustration [Converted].jpg

Many of you know that I am a little bit of a safety Guru (largely because I have probably done every dumb thing that can possibly hurt me and I don’t wish the same for you).  During the holidays, many people put themselves at increased risk of fire and electrocutions. Please follow these important safety tips and have an accident-free holiday:

  • Inspect each decoration before plugging into an outlet. Cracked, frayed or exposed wires and loose connections may cause a serious electric shock or start a fire.
  • Be careful not to mount or hang light strands in any way that might damage the cord’s insulation. Do not staple or nail them.
  • Avoid plugging in too many holiday lights and other decorations into a single outlet. Overloaded outlets can overheat and cause a fire.
  • Turn lights and other decorations off when you leave home or go to bed.
  • Keep space heaters at least one metre away from any combustible materials, such as bedding, clothing, draperies furniture and rugs. Also keep them away from water
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s