During my years serving with our local Fire Department, I learned that every second counts in an emergency. Is your home difficult to find because the number is hard to see. I took a drive around town during the daylight yesterday and found many houses in our community without house numbers at all! Take a moment tonight to look at your home from the street and check the following:
1) Check to see whether you can easily read your house number from the street.
2) Make sure the numbers are big enough and visible at night under outdoor lighting.
3) House numbers should contrast with the background.
4) Be certain bushes or trees don’t block the view.
5) Are the numbers positioned so that your house light (when turned on) lights them?