For 2012, Gold Seal Homes will register every home we build with the Built Green program at the Platinum level. What does this mean for our consumers? They will be assured of the highest level of energy efficiency, comfort and health of any builder in our area. For more information on Built green or the Platinum checklist requirements view the link below:
Why Built Green?
Efficient and Affordable
- You can save up to 10% on your CMHC mortgage as a new home buyer. For more information, visit the CHMC website.
- Buying an energy-efficient home or making energy-saving renovations can offer big savings in terms of operating costs.1
An Environmental Solution
- Since 2002, Built Green Canada has built homes that have saved 50% of energy usage and reduced over 100,000 tons of CO2 emissions;2
- Built Green Canada has saved over 5 Million liters of water since 2002.3
Sustainable and Durable
- A BUILT GREEN® certified home is guaranteed to last with minimal impact on the environment.
Improved Comfort and Health
- Improved indoor air quality and humidity control;
- A healthy, clean, quiet indoor environment.
BUILT GREEN® Checklist
The Built Green checklist is a list of “green” criteria. It includes an energy efficiency requirement, and a menu of options in categories, addressing a range of “green” items from which the builder can select to meet the Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum achievement levels.
Built Green Canada recognizes its homes based on the criteria of the checklist described above, which will categorize its members into 4 levels of Green achievement: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
Built Green supports the use of lumber and gives a significant number of points for lumber use. Only products that have been submitted for verification can be approved, and are then certified by Built Green Canada. To view a selection of products within the checklist categories below, view our Product Catalogue.